gpsd-dev

RE: Quectel FW version - Merge Request

From: Jared Hagel
Subject: RE: Quectel FW version - Merge Request
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 18:07:50 +0000

Hi Gary,

> Odd,  you should be able to fork gpsd into your own GitLab account.
> But I admit to being too lazy to do that.  What is your GitLab handle?  I'll
> add it to gpsd project.

I'm not sure what you mean by handle. Here is some information about my GitLab
account. Is this enough?
User ID: 9572988
Full name: Jared Hagel
Email: jared.hagel@vontas.com

> I'm not seeing the requested raw data log.  With that I can get my own debug
> output.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with this process. From browsing around, it
looks like I can use gpspipe to get the raw data log (gpspipe -R). To do this,
would I start gpsd, then quickly after start gpspipe? The trouble I see here is
that if I don't start gpspipe quickly enough I could miss the first bytes
received from the GPS receiver.

> Codacy does not like the use of strlen(), use strnlen() instead.  Yes, the
> existing code has existing strlen() and that is slowly getting replaced.  New
> code must meet new Codacy requirement.

Changed to use sizeof. Let me know what you think.

> gpsd does not support undocuemnnted commands.  Please document it.

I've just finished a bunch of digging, and I don't think this command is
documented ☹ Unfortunately this command is necessary to get the Quectel version
however (see
https://github.com/andrethemac/L76GLNSV4/issues/9#issuecomment-603474459 "The
person responding has been a little hard to follow, but they seem to be saying
we need to use an undocumented PQVERNO command"). I hope this doesn’t prevent
this change from getting merged in.... I can email Quectel to see if they can
provide me documentation for this command, and if they're OK with including
this documentation in GPSD comments. Would you like me to do this?

> Check that subtype1 is empty first.

Done

I attached an updated patch.diff. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Jared