gpsd-users

Re: RTK Fix woes again

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: RTK Fix woes again
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 16:00:25 -0700

Yo pisymbol!

On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 16:57:51 -0400
"pisymbol ." <address@hidden> wrote:

> So here is a log of gpsd (gpsd: 3.20.1~dev (revision
> release-3.20-295-gbf61e6e92)) connected to a Trimble GPS unit in RTK
> mode (both via its config and the indicator light on the yellow can
> that says it has RTK fix):

No need to send your log output.  With the raw data, that you provide below,
I can regenerate the logs you see, and more.

> According to this output, the status starts at '3' and then goes to
> '2' - no RTK fix as I understand the status field - and remains that
> way forever.

This is very driver and configuration dependent.  Just because gpsd
does not report an RTK fix does not mean you do not have one.

> However if I pipe the GGA raw NMEAs:

I need the ENTIRE raw data.

Problems are usually found where people are NOT looking.  In the
data they mentally, or with fgrep, filter out.

Are you also having the Trimble send TSIP?  If not, why not?

> The fix quality status is locked on 4 or RTK Fix.

Yes, but what do the other messages show?  Can you please send a
complete set of raw data?  Often receivers send conflicting messages
and gpsd has to flip a coin as to which to beleive.

> The only NMEAs this unit emits is GGA and RMC (it's configurable and
> verified via gpspipe).

I would turn all the NMEA off.  The TSIP is better defined and more
complete.

Maybe the RMC is after the GGA and turning the RTK status back off
in gpsd.  Without the full raw data, no way to know.

> What am I doing wrong?

Maybe nothing.  Not enough data.

RGDS
GARY