gpsd-users

Re: Questions about decoding subframe messages (ublox F9P)

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Questions about decoding subframe messages (ublox F9P)
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 17:45:57 -0700

Yo Curtis!

I tried to update my "new" F9P to the new (July 2019) firmware that
supports UBX-RXM-SFRBX.

u-center under wine saw the device, but failed to update, silently.

u-center under virtualbox/win10 saw the device, but failed to update, silently.

So I dug out an old Win7 box, and updated it to Win10.

u-center under saw the device, but failed to update, exit code 2.

Randomly trying stuff, I unchecked "safeboot mode", and it worked.

More than a day to do a simple task.  But it reminded me why I hate
WinBlows, u-center only slightly less.  Just doing a MON-VER is a major
chore.

Back to Linux:

$ ubxtool -f /dev/ttyACM1 -p MON-VER
[...]
UBX-MON-VER:
  swVersion EXT CORE 1.00 (61b2dd)
  hwVersion 00190000
  extension ROM BASE 0x118B2060
  extension FWVER=HPG 1.12
  extension PROTVER=27.11
  extension MOD=ZED-F9P
  extension GPS;GLO;GAL;BDS
  extension QZSS

u-blox doc "UBX-18010854 - R07" says PROTVER 27.11 is the minimum version
for UBX-RXM-SFRBX, and now I have it.

UBX-RXM-SFRBX:
 gnssId 6 svId  21 reserved1 0 freqId 11 numWords 4
  reserved2 12 version 2 reserved3 0
    dwrd 5568142b 3f7091fc 1495a800 09520003

As I only have one, I need a local base to look at RTK, but the ODOT
NTRIP caster insists I "send GGA", but can't say what that means...

We proved last week the F9P PPP works with NRCAN.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588