gpsd-users

gpsd and ublox

From: Beissel, Joseph M. - US
Subject: gpsd and ublox
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 21:18:59 +0000

I was wondering if there is any documentation that you can point me to on the interactions (if any) that occur between gpsd and a ublox device when gpsd starts.  Does it perform any initialization of the ublox device?  How does it handshake with it?  Does it handshakle with it?    I reset the ublox device on our board and start gpsd (since we are not running it by default as of yet).  I can then run gpsmon and see things getting reported (really nice tool).  I am just looking for documentation that indicates what happens when gpsd starts.

We are running an image on our custom hardware that is built using Yocto Warrior that came packaged with version 3.17.  I know there are newer gpsd versions with later releases of Yocto but we are unable to move away from Warrior at this time.

I see in later releases and read documentation about ubxtool that can be used to send configuration commands to a ublox device.  Is there something similiar to that in 3.17?  I am not sure I have seen anything like that.

Sorry if this question appears to come from a newbie, but that is what I am at this moment.  What I have been reading on the site is awesome and is quickly bringing me up to speed.

Thank you!

Joe B.

This electronic message contains information from CACI International Inc or subsidiary companies, which may be company sensitive, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be used solely by the recipient(s) named above. If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately.