gpsd-users

Re: Broadcast nmea to the network

From: Patrick Conroy
Subject: Re: Broadcast nmea to the network
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 09:24:45 -0500

with MQTT, and most other message brokers, you have Quality of Service options you can set to ensure clients receive a message.

I've used MQTT in machine control production systems and found the latency to be extremely low.  Mosquitto is a fast MQTT broker.

I've switched over to an event driven, message based architecture in about all of my code.

if i had to route NMEA messages around I'd explore gpspipe first.  if insufficient, then I'd explore MQTT