gpsd-users

Re: Broadcast nmea to the network

From: Chris Kuethe
Subject: Re: Broadcast nmea to the network
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 12:37:39 -0400

Yes, it's fine (preferred) to have these discussions on the list so that others can benefit from our collective wisdom in the future.

MQTT would be another good transport. "mosquitto" is pretty lightweight server , and there are plenty of tiny clients that run on resource constrained systems like esp8266. I use the esp8266+MQTT combo for home automation.

Anyway, if UDP with nmea sentences works for you, that's great. If you're still designing, you might want to use the json format and let gpsd handle assembing all the nmea sentences into one complete TPV solution message.