Re: binary loadable files

From: Keisuke Nishida
Subject: Re: binary loadable files
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:53:12 -0500

At Tue, 30 Jan 2001 08:35:26 +0100,
Martin Grabmueller wrote:

> I don't know much about serialization, but there are a lot of problems
> with that, at least for general serialization of all data types.  One
> problem is: How can we serialize procedures, or circular data
> structures?

I'm going to store bytecodes instead of procedures.  Procedures,
which are bytecodes + environments in my vm, can also be stored
somehow.  I'm going to check all objects stored at once in order
to avoid duplicate store and circulation.  They are reconstructed
as they were at loading time.

But, right, some objects, like primitive procedures, cannot be
easily stored.  We should raise an error in this case.

Kei