Re: libglade and guile-gtk

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: libglade and guile-gtk
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 07:49:54 +1000

Ken Restivo <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm trying to find out if Guile and libglade work together, and
> can't seem to get the simplest sample application to run.

I think the current guile-gtk-1.2 cvs works enough to run its demo
program.  (With guile 1.6 on i386 debian unstable.)

> That doesn't make any sense: I can't imagine that a fundamental
> class like GtkWindow wouldn't be implemented in libglade-guile.

Dodgy initializations maybe.  You have to post a complete failing
example if you want help, if the latest and greatest still doesn't
work.

> Also strange, (glade-xml-get-widget gui) without a root-level widget as an
> arg, dies with:
>       ** CRITICAL **: file glade-xml.c: line 545 (glade_xml_get_widget):
> assertion `name != NULL' failed.

Thanks, I think I fixed that not long ago (though I see I then
described it wrong in the manual).

> I'm wedded to GTK1.2 and Guile 1.4 anyway,

1.4 is not supported in the latest guile-gtk-1.2.