Re: guile-gtk-1.2: Request for release

From: Daniel Skarda
Subject: Re: guile-gtk-1.2: Request for release
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:28:58 +0100

Hello Hamish,

  thank you for you quick reply. Main "target" of my message was guile-gtk
mailing list and I Cc'ed the message to you since I thought it would be also
nice to have updated Debian package.

> I looked for a more recent version when I recently created the package
> for Debian. I downloaded 0.31 from the gEDA site
> (http://www.geda.seul.org/) as that was what was required for my package
> gwave. All I could find at the GNU site was instructions to get it from
> CVS.

  For now the most recent version is indeed in CVS, but I hope that guile-gtk
will now move forward to new release.

> I would welcome any advice on the package.. ie if you think it
> appropriate to package the CVS code I will consider it.

  I do not think CVS code could break any existing code or Debian package, and
AFAIK there are already many packages with version numbers 1.1+cvs20030229

  CVS code now contains bindings for more libraries, so IMHO guile-gtk should be
split into 4 libraries: libguilegtk, libguilegdkpixbuf (depends on gdkpixbuf),
libguileglade (depends on libglade) and libguilegtkgl (depends on gtkglarea and
OpenGL).

  For easy installation it would be also good idea to make some "dummy" package
`guile-gtk', which depends on all guile-gtk packages.

0.