Re: guile-gtk-1.2: Request for release

From: Daniel Skarda
Subject: Re: guile-gtk-1.2: Request for release
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 21:41:41 +0100

Hello,

>>     1) Release every month
>
> I assume that's an attempt at comedy and you forgot a smiley face.

  Of course some part of my letter was written as hyperbole. But sometimes it
works and it is a way how to move things forward (or upset some people ;)

  I am sorry if my message did not move things forward.

  IMHO it does make sense to release every month, even I would like to propose
to call such releases guile-gtk 1.0pre0, 1.0pre1... because:

   * We do not expect any rewrite or incompatible change of interfaces.

   * It is not likely that new code (new function bindings) will break old code.

   * Almost all bindings are already there.

   * You know, the famous "release often, release regularly" cliche:

     It is always good signal to (potential) users, Freshmeat readers,
     knights who say Ni and developers, who do not like to say "check out
     guile-gtk CVS":

       "We are here, we are working and stable release is within sight."

Best regards,
Daniel Skarda