our crazy git repo

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: our crazy git repo
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 17:24:36 +0100

Hi,

Now that there is a g-wrap release that works with Guile 2.0, I was
looking at guile-gnome.  What was I thinking with the crazy git repo?
It sounded like a good idea to have this really modular build, but being
easy to hack is more important.  I can't even remember how things work.

I'd like to refactor things to put all of guile-gnome-platform in one
branch.  Eventually (soon?) it would branch off to some stable gnome-2
branch, and `master' would target the deprecated wrapsets for gnome-3.

There are still other wrapsets, like gstreamer and clutter and such.  We
only have one git repo on savannah, so for now the thing to do is
probably to keep them as separate branches, but branches that include
the root autofoo.

Eventually I would like to use gobject-introspection somehow, possibly
removing the need for g-wrap.  But that will take time.  The first step
is to get the project into a hackable state, and for me to relinquish
the stifling control I have had on it ;-)

Cheers,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/