guix-devel

Re: FOSDEM 2019

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2019
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 19:40:35 +0200

On 2018-08-31 11:35, Pjotr Prins wrote:
Thanks Amirouche,

On 2018-08-30 20:20, Pjotr Prins wrote:
> Just to clarify, we will organize a two day Guix conference before
> FOSDEM. That is pretty much in the box. We have room at ICAB, the place
> we were last year.
>
>   http://icab.be/

About the specifically guix event, maybe it's a good time to organize
an install party. Also, let's be clear upfront if that the fringe event
can include those kind of work: poster, workshop, tutorial... anything
else to add?

I think we'll focus those days on the development effort.

Alright!

At FOSDEM it is possible to get a stand. That would be a good place to
help people start up. Or, if we get a dev-room, we can use it to
install stuff on the side. At least, make the offer.

Tutorials would fit there too.

Fun +1

:]

How about a dev-room for 'fun freedom programming languages'. It may get a
white space talk. Then, if I think of the work on MES and Guix it may
not be that great a fit. My point is that we should name the room that
will fit these projects

- MES reproducible from soucre bootstrap
- Guile Guix
- Guile Cuirass
- Guile JIT
- Guile Sheperd
- Lua JIT

and then more...

I agree.

Is it ok if I rework http://community.schemewiki.org/?FOSDEM2019
so that it claims that there is a 'minimalistic language' devroom proposal
that will be made taking into account what people propose on that page?

Also, I would like to copy/paste the proposals from [0] to that wiki page so that people see that there are actually more people interested in such a room.

[0] https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/FOSDEM2019#A_list_of_proposed_talks_for_a_GNU_Guile.2FGuix_track_.40FOSDEM_2019

Note that 'fun freedom programming languages' is already too long a
name for a devroom.

Ok

One has 6 months to prepare.

But we only have 3 weeks to apply for a dev-room.

ack