guix-devel

Re: Promoting the GNU Kind Communication Guidelines?

From: Alex Griffin
Subject: Re: Promoting the GNU Kind Communication Guidelines?
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 21:09:50 -0500

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018, at 7:46 PM, Alex Griffin wrote:
> It's not *just* a low standard of communication. The same sentence goes
> on to list a whole slew of categories you might use to put people into
> groups, which I don't agree with because it encourages treating people
> as members of a group rather than as individuals.

I know someone will argue this, so I'll get ahead of it. This is probably a
confusing statement, because the literal meaning of the words is that you
should treat people as individuals. The problem is that if that's what you
really want then it's a bad idea to remind people of all the ways they're
divided.

--
Alex Griffin