guix-devel

Re: Video narration

From: Paul Garlick
Subject: Re: Video narration
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 11:48:42 +0000

Hi Laura,

> If you want, you can build them by cloning
> git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix/videos.git.

I have cloned the repository and built the first video with:

$ ./build-video.sh 03-help

This generates 03-help.webm which I can play with Parole, for example.
Very nice work!

I can see that there is an 'audios' subdirectory with one audio file
per svg file.  So my task, if I understand correctly, is to move
'audios' to 'audios_laura' and create a new 'audios' subdirectory with
new audio files and then re-build.

On the question of total speaking time, 03-help.webm is about 4 minutes
long.  There are six videos, so is 6x4=24mins a reasonable estimate of
the total speaking time?

Also, are the transcripts available for all the videos?  I will need
these before I go in to do the recordings.

Best regards,

Paul.