guix-devel

Re: Let’s merge ‘core-updates’!

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: Let’s merge ‘core-updates’!
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 16:51:40 +0200

John Soo <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Guix,
>
> Two more items on core-updates: I get this message on most things now:
> guile: warning: failed to install locale.

This means that the program you are executing was linked against a
different version of libc than the current system has locales for.

To make the glibc 2.28 locales available and get rid of this warning for
packages you haven't updated yet, add this to your configuration and
reconfigure:

 (locale-libcs (list glibc-2.28 (canonical-package glibc)))

> Also after a reboot, the early guile repl gets stuck populating /etc.

This is <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/37501>.  Can you see if the
mentioned fix works for you?