guix-devel

Re: Let’s merge ‘core-updates’!

From: John Soo
Subject: Re: Let’s merge ‘core-updates’!
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 13:46:18 +0000

Hi Marius and Guix,

> To make the glibc 2.28 locales available and get rid of this warning for
> packages you haven't updated yet, add this to your configuration and
> reconfigure:
>
> (locale-libcs (list glibc-2.28 (canonical-package glibc)))

That did the trick, thank you.

> This is <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/37501>.  Can you see if the mentioned fix works for you?

I added urandom-seed to the services for this system, but reconfigure failed because I use the desktop-services as a base, which includes urandom-seed as a service from base-services.
The reconfigure and reboot did not hang this time, though.

Everything else I use looks good, thanks!

John