guix-devel

Re: Ricardo, here is kind question to provide facts on your statements a

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Ricardo, here is kind question to provide facts on your statements about RMS
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 06:30:58 +0200

* Svante Signell <address@hidden> [2019-10-09 13:18]:
> Dear Guix, and other people signing that statement.
> cc: RMS
>
> I do also have problems with your campaign against RMS. Publishing such
> a statement as a blog entry for Guix is very inappropriate. Especially
> in the context of the recent defaming campaign on him personally on
> social media, making him to leave FSF and MIT. What do you really want
> to achieve??

They want take over, obviously, so they said. But I don't trust them
so I do not know how they wish to achieve " The GNU Project we want to
build is one that everyone can trust to defend their freedom."

Best way is to go away from GNU project, and make their own GNG
project, split, fork, sect, call it what you wish.

They are indirectly asking for money. GNU project is about money,
fame, authority, position. Each developer has certain privileges as
"GNU maintainer", they are dwelling in their powers, and in their own
organizations and companies they are getting goodwill as GNU
maintainers.

That is their purpose and their reason. Not the community.

> If you have something serious to report against RMS, do so publicly and
> address RMS himself, for him to respond. Or address him directly, not
> by stating things in a blog nobody could ever respond to.

Hundreds of people already responded on other pages, what they are
writing is not nice at all.

Jean

I am asking those people who are pretending to represent all of the
GNU project and who are defaming and slandering RMS[1] to step down
and resign, do your software hacking somewhere else, you do not
deserve funding that RMS is giving you. Ludovic Courtès, Ricardo
Wurmus, Matt Lee, Andreas Enge, Samuel Thibault, Carlos O'Donell, Andy
Wingo, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso, Mark Wielaard, Ian Lance Taylor,
Werner Koch, Daiki Ueno, Christopher Lemmer Webber, Jan Nieuwenhuizen,
John Wiegley, Tom Tromey, Jeff Law, Han-Wen Nienhuys, Joshua Gay, Ian
Jackson, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice, Andrej Shadura, Zack Weinberg, John
W. Eaton, RESIGN and step down from GNU projects, disassociate
yourself, find another house for your excessive and uncrontollable
fear of the free speech.

Facts:
https://geoff.greer.fm/2019/09/30/in-defense-of-richard-stallman/
https://sterling-archermedes.github.io/