guix-devel

Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project

From: František Kučera
Subject: Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 16:27:59 +0200

Dne 12. 10. 19 v 15:38 pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) napsal(a):
> On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 03:06:31PM +0200, Jean Louis wrote:
>> Ludovic Courtès and Andy Wingo and other people who are introducing
>> their pro-feminist political views into the apolitical GNU project
>> are mixing the independent GNU project with their feminist stances.
>>
> GNU projects should be feminist

It is not clear whether current troubles are linked to feminism or other
*ism or just interests of some corporations. But what is clear is that
different people have naturally and constantly different opinions on
various *isms. And the point is that mixing *isms into the free software
development, will cause community breakdown. We would be spending time
with pointless quarrels (as you can see right now) instead of developing
useful free software for everybody (freedom 0).

Franta