guix-devel

SLiM graphical login manager and keyboard layout

From: Tanguy Le Carrour
Subject: SLiM graphical login manager and keyboard layout
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 14:33:45 +0200

Hi Guix!

I'm not a Gnome user and I would like to get rid of GDM and use SLiM
instead.

I'm struggling to set the keyboard layout as, apparently,
slim-service-type is not supposed to be extended as gdm-service-type is.

I guess it's only a matter of copying (and adapting) the `(extend …)` and
`(compose …)` blocks from `gdm-service-type` to `slim-service-type`. But it's
just a guess. I've tried to define `my-slim-service-type` in my system config,
but failed!

Any help will be welcome!

--
Tanguy