guix-devel

Re: SLiM graphical login manager and keyboard layout

From: Tanguy Le Carrour
Subject: Re: SLiM graphical login manager and keyboard layout
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 17:57:00 +0200

Hi Alex!

Le 10/18, Alex Griffin a écrit :
> For security reasons, GDM is highly recommended even if you don't use GNOME.
> As far as I know, it's the only currently maintained display manager
> that doesn't run X as root.

That's a very good point. Thanks for raising it to my attention!

The thing is, I've nothing against GDM, but I keep on having problems
with it. It's the second (maybe third) time in 6 months that I run into
some weird problems when I upgrade my system, leaving me unable to login!
So, last time, instead of investigating and fixing the problem…
… I changed for SLiM!

Considering what you've just said… I'll switch back to GDM. But I'll
keep the SLiM+bépo solution at hand!

Regards,

--
Tanguy