guix-devel

Re: Publishing news about Guix on a weekly basis

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: Publishing news about Guix on a weekly basis
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 06:44:13 -0600

On Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 12:19:42PM +0000, Christopher Baines wrote:
> 1: http://prototype-guix-weekly-news.cbaines.net/en_US/2019/41.html
> 2: http://prototype-guix-weekly-news.cbaines.net/en_US/2019/42.html

I think it would be useful to show a rolling report of upgraded/added
packages. We used to have the mailing list for that and now debbugs.

A simple page that can be reloaded to see the latest with version info
and link outs to the builds would be rather useful. Then, on a weekly
basis, create an overiew.

Not only good for humans, also good for search engines. I find the
current package list https://guix.gnu.org/packages/ pretty useful, but
I would like a search function because one keeps clicking to find a
certain package.

May also be an idea to provide links throught the guix CLI, such as

  https://guix.gnu.org/packages/alsa-lib-1.1.9/

Pj.