guix-devel

Re: Publishing news about Guix on a weekly basis

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Publishing news about Guix on a weekly basis
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2019 17:17:35 +0100

Hi there!

Christopher Baines <address@hidden> skribis:

> So this is something that might have come up in discussion once or
> twice, but I've now got around to actually building a prototype.
>
> You can see it here: http://prototype-guix-weekly-news.cbaines.net/

I think this is great!

I second the suggestion that Lprndn made: it should be quite easy to
include news entries using ‘channel-news-for-commit’ from (guix
channels).

I also second the suggestion made by zimoun: recently closed bugs could
be automatically extracted using Guile-Debbugs (for a while I thought
‘guix pull --news’ could do that but now I think it may create too much
“noise”.)

As for the cadence, I don’t have any preference.  Weekly could work.  We
should make it easy for people to contribute snippets, perhaps via the
web interface and with very lightweight moderation.

Thanks!

Ludo’.