guix-devel

Re: MIPS support

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: MIPS support
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 14:28:27 -0400

On Wed, May 06, 2020 at 06:27:31PM +0200, Vincent Legoll wrote:
> I grabbed a gnubee during the crowdfunding campaign, but the CPU
> is too low spec to do a lot of compilation on it.

I'm not an expert on MIPS but I *think* the GnuBee uses a different
architecture than what Guix was ported to.

So, whether or not to officially retire the Guix MIPS port would not be
related to supporting Guix on the GnuBee, which would be cool!
Declarative NAS configuration would be nice :)

It would be helpful to get some clarification of the relationship
between these architectures before deciding what to do.