guix-devel

Re: Cuirass: "lint -c archival"?

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: Cuirass: "lint -c archival"?
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 09:28:46 +0200

Hello zimoun,

> The idea behind is then to ask SWH folks to increase the rate limit
> for a specific IP (or couple of IPs).  Today, the SWH rate is 10 save
> requests per hour, i.e., 240 per day (more or less).  And the new
> chart [1] shows that there are ~2000 builds per day.  Ouch! :-)

Yesterday almost 18.000 derivations were added, and even if only 10.000
were built, it is indeed quite substantial.

> If it is not possible, then instead does it make sense to add a script
> to etc/?  If SWH accepts to increase the rate for a specific machine,
> the script (fold-packages+save-origin) could run with some delay and
> save all the missing Git references.

Adding some sort of "post build" hook to Cuirass that would trigger an
SHW archival would be possible, even though it would require to
implement this mechanism.

Having a cron job archiving missing references would also be possible I
guess, but I may have a preference for the first option.

Thanks,

Mathieu

--
https://othacehe.org