guix-devel

Re: Finding the store path of a package

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Finding the store path of a package
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 11:03:52 +0100

Hi Konrad,

On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 at 08:39, Konrad Hinsen <konrad.hinsen@fastmail.net> wrote:

> Background: I am working on a interactive UI for running reproducible
> computations via Guix:
>
>   https://github.com/khinsen/guix-gtoolkit/
>
> I'd like to implement (1) browsing package contents ("what exactly do I
> get by adding "core-utils" to my environment?") and (2) searching
> packages by the files they contain ("which package do I have to add to
> my environment to get the ls command?"). There will be a button for
> explicitly building a package, but I don't want it to happen as a side
> effect when doing operations that need to be fast.

Nice!

On a side note, Ricardo did recently some stuff as UI for packages,

  <http://logs.guix.gnu.org/guix-hpc/2021-03-18.log#083513>
  <https://elephly.net/downies/pigx-web-envy.png>

And on another side note, I would like to have the abilities to join or
intersect graphs; be able to visualize “guix graph foo bar” using D3.js,
or the intersection or the complementary of the intersection, etc.
Something similar for packages as the Ludo’s proof of concept for
services,

   <https://notabug.org/civodul/guix-explorer>

Sadly, time is not respecting what we are doing without considering
him. ;-)

Cheers,
simon