guix-devel

Re: Cross compilation status

From: Liliana Marie Prikler
Subject: Re: Cross compilation status
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 19:10:24 +0200

Am Montag, dem 11.09.2023 um 18:19 +0200 schrieb Simon Tournier:
> Hi Mathieu,
>
> On Sun, 10 Sep 2023 at 11:14, Mathieu Othacehe <othacehe@gnu.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Here is a status of cross-compilation in Guix. For cross-
> > compilation to
> > work, the build-system needs to support cross-compilation.
> >
> > The following build-systems explicitly refuse cross-compiling
> > packages:
> >
> > haskell, agda, waf, chicken, rakudo, julia, python, emacs, rebar,
> > cargo, ruby, renpy, dub, android-ndk, scons, dune, ant, pyproject,
> > maven, asdf, r, ocaml, node
> >

> [...]
>
> > --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> > Total packages: 28076
> >
> > clojure: 13
> > qt: 317
> > copy: 134
> > minetest-mod: 22
> > tree-sitter: 35
> > raw: 2
> > linux-module: 17
> > glib-or-gtk: 139
> > asdf/source: 794
> > go: 632
> > cmake: 1278
> > minify: 12
> > perl: 839
> > trivial: 250
> > guile: 49
> > elm: 30
> > font: 101
> > gnu: 4178
> > asdf/ecl: 753
> > asdf/sbcl: 814
> > meson: 504
> > mozilla: 2
> > texlive: 4150
> > Cross-compilation OK: 15065
> >
> > ocaml: 61
> > haskell: 812
> > maven: 2
> > chicken: 12
> > node: 57
> > emacs: 1370
> > dune: 289
> > android-ndk: 12
> > waf: 21
> > julia: 300
> > pyproject: 433
> > r: 2441
> > cargo: 3535
> > ruby: 597
> > rebar: 22
> > scons: 15
> > rakudo: 22
> > agda: 6
> > ant: 559
> > python: 2488
> > Cross-compilation KO: 13054
>
> The build-systems renpy, dub is listed in “refuse“ but not then in
> Cross-compilation KO.  Is it expected?
On the renpy side, there currently are no packages to cross-compile.
"The Question", which ships with renpy, is built as an output rather
than with renpy-build-system and was only used as a proof of concept
back then.  If I do encounter a renpy-based game that I actually can
get the sources for, I'll gladly package it.

HTH