guix-devel

Re: The elephant in the room and the Guix Bang.

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: The elephant in the room and the Guix Bang.
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 22:41:19 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 at 18:35, Giovanni Biscuolo <g@xelera.eu> wrote:

> I'm also suspecting that the spark that started the "Guix Bang" in
> Ludovic's mind, the very moment he realized nix could be better
> _extended_ using Guile in place of it's DSL, was /caused/ by the fact he
> was a Lisp programmer, the specific /dialect/ probably did not matter.
> But I'm just guessing.

Reading your paragraph, it remembers me this reference:

    https://archive.fosdem.org/2015/schedule/event/the_emacs_of_distros/

(that I forgot when I wrote [1]).

Cheers,
simon

1: Re: How can we decrease the cognitive overhead for contributors?
Simon Tournier <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com>
Mon, 18 Sep 2023 12:09:45 +0200
id:87bkdzssgm.fsf@gmail.com
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2023-09