guix-devel

Re: branch master updated (2bea3f2562 -> 6745d692d4)

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: branch master updated (2bea3f2562 -> 6745d692d4)
Date: Thu, 09 May 2024 22:34:57 +0200

Hi,

> guix-commits@gnu.org writes:
>
>> rekado pushed a change to branch master
>> in repository guix.
>>
>>     from 2bea3f2562 gnu: kubo: Unbundle go-cidutil, go-log and go-ipfs-util.
>>      new 79c2b32337 gnu: r-with-tests: Update to 4.4.0.

>>      new 5ad635ec49 gnu: r-job: Update to 0.3.1.
>>      new 6f95883d01 FIXUP r-infercnv
>>      new 1b6f915a88 gnu: r-rcppspdlog: Update to 0.0.17.

>>      new babafe251c gnu: r-icellnet: Update to 2.2.1-1.e10ee4a.
>>      new ba8d10c65a FIXUP r-bigmelon
>>      new 6745d692d4 gnu: rcas-web: Update to latest commit.
>>
>> The 670 revisions listed above as "new" are entirely new to this
>> repository and will be described in separate emails.  The revisions
>> listed as "add" were already present in the repository and have only
>> been added to this reference.
>
> Were these changes meant to be pushed to master?

Yes, they had been built on ci.guix.gnu.org in the r-updates jobset.

> These changes from r-updates have effectively jumped the queue past
> those on the core-updates and gnome-team branches, and since there was
> never a "Request for merging" issue opened [1], the bordeaux build farm
> is going to be delayed in building gnome-team as it tries to catch up
> with master.
>
> 1:
> https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Managing-Patches-and-Branches.html

Oh, this is new to me.  I've just read it.  (Good to know also for the
upcoming merge of the python-team branch!)

My apologies for not following this process for r-updates.  I'm hearing
about this for the first time now.  (I hope the previous wip-python-team
didn't cause too many problems for bordeaux.)

> Also, there appears to be a couple of FIXUP commits that were pushed.

Yeah, it's very annoying that I missed these two FIXUP commits :-/

--
Ricardo