gutopia-dev

Re: [rgui-dev] RE: Backend Debouch

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [rgui-dev] RE: Backend Debouch
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:58:15 +0200

Rich Kilmer wrote:
Hello everyone...I was wondering where all the FreeRIDE folks went to
;-)

The FreeRide folks are having some rest :-)).. talking about the same GUI questions again and again. I should talked to my psy about that one day...

No seriously... I might be the one who have practiced FOX most for FreeRIDE and while it is a clean, easy to learn and consistent GUI Toolkit it is still one specific GUI toolkit. I think for now this is ok for FreeRIDE.

The second point is that I think at some point many people in FR-dev also wanted to abstract a GUI thing in FreeRIDE. We must not go to far in that direction because you can't chase 2 hares at the same time as we say in French. The level of abstraction wehave now is fine for a IDE thing.

So this is why I am so interested in seeing a GUTOPIA thing. And if I had time myself I would have gone the SWT for a long time.

Cheers,
Laurent

--
Laurent JULLIARD - Xerox R&T/SSTC/XPA - Open Source team