[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [H-source-users] Deciding what to do with the server side code

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: Re: [H-source-users] Deciding what to do with the server side code
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 23:05:09 +1000
User-agent: mu4e 1.4.13; emacs 27.2

Yuchen Pei <fsf@ypei.me> writes:

I am not convinced it is necessary to publish the server code. It looks like Ian's reasoning does not apply to the current situation, where we have a staging server to experiment any kind of
code on, before switching the prod to the new code.

I have changed my mind, and I think we should publish the server code of h-source. I'm cc'ing sysadmin@fsf.org.

Apart from approval from the FSF sysadmin, I think there are a couple practical problems before the code can be published:

1. Is there a tool that can be used to scan the codebase and find all the credentials? They should be removed before being published. 2. Is there a tool that can scan the codebase for copyright / license headers in source files? I spot checked a number of files and they seem to be fine, but I'm not sure if they all have it.


PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]