Re: [Health] pgadmin4

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health] pgadmin4
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2021 11:18:12 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 5. August 2021, 10:00:11 CEST schrieb Edgar_:
> Dear Axel
>
> Am 05.08.2021 um 08:38 schrieb Axel Braun:
> > Am Mittwoch, 4. August 2021, 22:07:37 CEST schrieb Edgar_:
> >> I installed it also with yast, but probably not in the same way that is
> >> described in the docs (because with yast it is easier, I thought).
> >> Although
> >> the server is running now (use "systemctl start gnuhealth", and then
> >> "systemctl status gnuhealth"), I cannot access it through the client (and
> >> also not with PgAdmin, of course).
> >
> > Did you set the authrisations for database access and initialize the
> > database properly?
>
> Probably not. I just tried the Yast-Installation. It would be great if
> GNU Health has an installer that guides through the authorization and
> initializing process automatically,

There is an installer, it is called openSUSE-gnuhealth-setup and is described
in the wiki, which is visible in the package description in YaST.

> I will try the 1-klick-installation
> for Leap15.2 on the VirtualBox maxchine now for that
> (https://software.opensuse.org/package/gnuhealth?search_term=gnuhealth).
> As I remember now, when I first installed the VirtualBox with GNUHealth
> it did work with the client that way (but without PgAdmin), so I am
> quite confident.

You dont need PGAdmin to run GNU Health

> Do you plan to update the Raspi-image (currently at
> https://www.axxite.com/gnuhealth38-Leap15.2-raspi4-20210218.img.xz)?

Yes....on my list

> If yes, it would be great if you could also preinstall PgAdmin4 so that one
> can start immediately with GNUHealth and can also customize any
> SQL-queries. I will also try to make queries for export/importing data.

Your wishist is growing my friend :-)
For the purpose of a ready-to-run emedded system like a Raspi I feel that
pgadmin is not an every-day tool that the target audience may use. Installing
it when needed is not a big deal. 'zypper in  pgadmin4' will do the job

Cheers
Axel