Re: Determining LR(k)-ness

From: John R. Levine
Subject: Re: Determining LR(k)-ness
Date: 18 Nov 2009 20:33:26 -0500

It is my impression that most practical GLR grammars have parses that collapse pretty quickly after they split,

For the info which I would find useful, this would be an important part -- i.e.

glrinfo: split level 1, split at state 216 (somename: someothername, …)

Bison doesn't know how much an actual parse will split, since the splits happen at runtime, not at compile time. All it knows is that if one of the parses gets to state N, it'll split and continue

R's,
John