Re: Locations suggest -- we're stupid

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Locations suggest -- we're stupid
Date: 07 Jan 2002 11:57:23 +0100

>>>>> "Nikos" == Nikos Balkanas <address@hidden> writes:

Nikos> My point is that we have much better knowledge to track errors
Nikos> based on patterns than flex. Based on that knowledge we can be
Nikos> much faster than flex can ever be. I enjoy flex's blazing
Nikos> speed. Let's not make it top heavy. Sure it's compile time
Nikos> options. I would hate to see some of this spill into the
Nikos> executable.

Exactly.  Featurism is bad.  This thread should never have started.
We know better that Flex will ever.  All we need is a means to achieve
our goals.  This is already the case.