Re: Featuritis

From: Nikos Balkanas
Subject: Re: Featuritis
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 13:20:59 +0200

My apologies! Between your excerpt for the REJECT code in the flex sources
 if (do_yylineno) } which is runtime, and Aberg's posted code for the
maintenance of yylineno in the generated lexer (which only appears if
yylineno option is used), I mistakingly thought that { if (do_yylineno)
 yy_cp ...}} appeared in the generated lexer.

If the same separation is implemented with the other features, I have no
problems whatsoever. Provided it is possible to do.
I myself use gcc and vi, which does not support the new features, so they
will be useless to me. I do not plan to fork up for a commercial IDE any
time soon. However, I will keep my eyes open for the GNU IDE that Aberg
suggested. It might be good to talk to them to see what they plan to support
and when. Propably they will define the protocol instead of Metroworks. Keep
up the good work!

Sorry, for all the fuss.
Nikos