[Help-glpk] Re: Compilation problem

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: Compilation problem
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 13:13:20 +0400

> But if we look in LIBC.LIB we'll see all the needed stuff!

> By the way, this place with vsnprintf is troublesome not only in VC 6.0.

> For example, Digital Mars C/C++ builds OK for Windows but fails when
> building for DOS32 with the same error.

> In DMC libraries
> SNN.LIB (Win32) contains both vsnprintf.obj and _vsnprintf.obj, but
> SDX.LIB (DOSX) only _vsnprintf.obj.

> I'll try to build with _vsnprintf instead of vsnprintf.

Vsnprintf is included in the ISO C standard; see Section 7.19.6.12 in
http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG14/www/docs/n843.htm . However, it
is a relatively new function and may be missing on some platforms (as we
can see).

I added a check for vsnprintf in the configure script, and now the choice
between vsprintf and vsnprintf depends on the macro HAVE_VSNPRINTF. This
will allow compiling glpk on all non-linux platforms without changes.