Re: query-pr -F ## / dbconfig

From: Tha Project
Subject: Re: query-pr -F ## / dbconfig
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 13:29:50 -0800 (PST)

> If it works for superuser, it is almost for certain
> a permission
> problem.  Check whether the users can access (e.g.
> via `cat') the PR
> files in the database directory.

You are right. But that is the default behavior of the
debian package, and not something I have intentionally
setup.

drwxr-s---    2 gnats    gnats        1024 Jan  3
07:05 doc

Are the permissions on the 'doc' category for
instance. What should it be? and what config
file/option specifices how those directories are
created and what permissions/ownerships are set to
them?

> or you can setuid
> gnats the query-pr binary.

setuid? <gasp> .. only when it's the last resort ;)

Thanks