Re: How useful to run GDB and CVS from *WITHIN* Emacs? How helps?

From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: How useful to run GDB and CVS from *WITHIN* Emacs? How helps?
Date: 14 Feb 2003 12:46:36 -0500

> Ah, I see.  To use PCL-CVS successfully you first need to create a
> working directory outside of Emacs (or from M-x shell RET or M-x
> eshell RET if you like).  Just follow the instructions on the Tramp
> website.

Actually, there is M-x cvs-checkout, but I've never even tried it,
so I can't guarantee it works.  Also it was written way back in the
days where CVS was mostly used locally, i.e. with a single repository, so
you might need to use cvs-change-cvsroot which is also basically untested
(and probably inconvenient).  Patches welcome.

        Stefan "PCL-CVS maintainer"