Two tramp questions

From: henry atting
Subject: Two tramp questions
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:58:03 +0200

Hi,

I use tramp to edit remote or root files. Although I've read
tramp works well with ido-mode I don't understand it. If ido (or
icicles) is enabled the moment I start typing '/ssh:...'  into
the the minibuffer a tramp process is started and dies right
away. No problem if both are disabled. Usually I simply evaluate
a form like this in a buffer (find-file
"/ssh:user@remote:/home/user") which spares me to disable/enable
both modes.

Another question: How can I start tramps ssh with X forwarding
(with the -X option)?

henry