movies

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: movies
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 03:15:25 +0100

Just saw "Jobs" about Steve Jobs and Apple. Funny thing
is, I knew the entire movie without having seen
it. There is another movie, "Pirates of Silicon
Valley", which tells the same story only it is better
because it is about Bill Gates and Micro$oft as
well. Now that Jobs is dead I have a harder time
mobilizing my dislike for him personally but I so
dislike everything Apple: Finder and the mouse, the
iPod, the emphasis of coolness, "lifestyle", and
consumption - I think Apple is much worse than
Windows. Windows is like a overweight kid (hard to be
mad at for long), Apple is like some sinister aunt that
won't stop making a fuss about some thing that you know
doesn't matter one bit. Anyway this is not what I
intended to write. Back to movies. There is also a
movie about Kevin Mitnick ("Takedown" or "Operation
Takedown"). I suspect that movie to be totally
fictitious apart from the characters, but who cares,
it's great. But the coolest computer scene in any movie
is in "Terminator 2", when the kid hacks an ATM machine
with an Atari (!), and then goes to the arcade. Ha ha
ha!  Straight gangsta. I have yet to catch the movie on
Assange. Why isn't there a movie on RMS, GNU, and
Emacs? I'd watch it.

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573