Re: movies

From: Rustom Mody
Subject: Re: movies
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 18:55:19 -0800 (PST)

On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 7:45:25 AM UTC+5:30, Emanuel Berg wrote:

> Why isn't there a movie on RMS, GNU, and Emacs?
> I'd watch it.

About a month ago I shared a screenshot that someone had captured showing
that when one googled for emacs, there was a sponsored ad for vi.

And your response was:

> Ha ha, who cares, no one clicks ads anyway. What do you
> think this is, the 90s? Hey, let's trade banners and
> create web rings :) I'll even add a rotating skull, and
> a burning barrel!

My impression is that this is the overwhelming majority view in this world:
PR does not matter.

IOW You want it both ways:

1. Our PR is not good enough for movie makers to be interested in us
2. PR does not matter

Let me give a martial arts analogy:
If you only 'mirror' (is that the word?) the opponent, you cannot win because
he has first-mover advantage
If you only calculate your own moves and techniques and ignore the opponent,
you cant win because you will be surprised.