Re: .emacs poser

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: .emacs poser
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 00:00:14 -0600

Emacsers:

Thanks for all the answers. After returning from a 10 day trip I thought
I might get a couple of responses but there were enough that two or
three of them solved the problem. There was an extra glyph (combining
macron or modifier letter macron) hidden in the question mark (character
declaration). I use this method just to experiment with utf-8 and
usually insert most exotic characters with input methods (usually
latin-postfix). I know about ucs-insert but don't want to have to look
up the hexcodes. Apparently once I used C-c M for combining macron and
then for Maltese cross. Usually I do C-x C-e just on the changed line to
test but I must have had this bug for a long time and then just
commented it out many months ago instead of digging into the problem.

Thanks again.

Ed