Re: Using 'git bisect' to pinpoint errors in .emacs. Was: Fatal error 11

From: Skip Montanaro
Subject: Re: Using 'git bisect' to pinpoint errors in .emacs. Was: Fatal error 11: Segmentation Fault
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 07:14:44 -0500

Two small comments:

> After upgrading to emacs25 some time ago, I experienced that emacs would
> segfault every so often.

Back in the early days, Emacs was configured (as I recall now with my
old man's memory) that if you hit C-g twice in quick succession it
would provoke an abort(

> Since I have my .emacs in git, it was simply a matter of
> supplying a small script that triggered the error to the 'git bisect
> run' command.

I have (for the past few years, anyway) stored all my dot files in git
(nothing distributed, just local), mostly as a way to recover from
accidental deletion. You've provided yet another reason to use it.
Thanks for the tip.

Skip Montanaro