RE: Issues installing packages from melpa

From: Janelle Rose
Subject: RE: Issues installing packages from melpa
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 14:00:54 +0000

Hi Philip & Akber,

I don't know if it's the network because the newer versions of emacs on the
network don't have the "Process melpa.org connection broken by remote peer"
error message.

We do have a lot of customizations to our emacs install. Is there a way to
launch a "vanilla" version to ignore those customizations. If so, we can try
that and set the proxy in the .emacs file and see if the behavior changes.

-Janelle