Re: no to war in Ukraine

From: Jacob Hrbek
Subject: Re: no to war in Ukraine
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 11:46:56 +0000

> This list is not for promotion of proprietary software.

One thing is promotion of proprietary software the other is the
promotion of freedom for which we dedicated our effort to do

It can _NOT_ be called a Free Software and Free Hardware Designs if it's
used to circumvent the Freedom for 43 _MILLION_ people (that's 43 000
000 people!) by violence, war crimes and death.

What i argue for is to enforce the values on which we found Free
Software instead of being ignorant and dedicating more resources in this
namely the second part that majority of Free Software advocates and
developers comfortably prefer to not exist:

 * Freedom 2: The freedom to /redistribute/ and make copies _so you can
   help your neighbour_

How can you even argue that we are helping our neighbour here? We are
enabling this violent war criminal who wages the war on freedom with the
threat of a nuclear missiles on the European Union member countries and
invasion of finland and swed
en to kill us and our neighbours and worse
in my case my slav brothers and sisters.

Each minute that we hesitate on the subject is a minute of resources
that we gift to russia to continue in this by maintaining their
technological infrastructure.

> Condemning citizens of single country for what their political
leaders do is wrong.

I am not condemning, i even praised my brothers and sisters in russia
who take a huge risks to oppose putin by staging mass protests across
russian federation as "The Heroes of
Russia"[https://qoto.org/@kreyren/107875192175864676] multiple times and
i do whatever i can to support them.

This list is not for promotion of proprietary software.

--
Jacob Hrbek, In support of ukraine sovereignty #supportUkraine