help-gnunet

[Help-gnunet] Thoroughly frustrated.

From: Bram Kivenko
Subject: [Help-gnunet] Thoroughly frustrated.
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 02:06:39 -0400 (EDT)

This is my first try at GNUnet, and I have to tell you I was thoroughly
frustrated.  The largest problem was:

gnunetd: WARNING: Not connected to any hosts, can not forward query.

There was no indication that gnunet was attempting to connect to any
hosts.  For the longest time nothing was happening.  I almost gave up.
Finally I had to find a program that could display UDP packets to
alleviate my fears.  Eventually something happened.

I am certain a better message can be offered to the user.  It is a very
discouraging response to a new user.

Mercury