Re: Cannot build gnustep-base documentation

From: Armando Di Cianno
Subject: Re: Cannot build gnustep-base documentation
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 01:41:44 -0400

On 2004-06-20 11:04:52 -0400 Eric Heintzmann <eric@gnustep.fr.st> wrote:
Once again, the gnustep-base documentation cannot be built when packaging for debian. On debian system all packages are built as simple user, and root permissions are simulated by the fakeroot program. But this fakeroot doesn't allow to write in /root (but since nothing is installed here, this should not be a problem). But it seems that autogsdoc need that something is written in /root

I had these problems building docs in most packages whilst using Gentoo's sandbox (and installing any package, actually). I don't know if you can temporarily set permissions to allow writing outside your fakeroot in Debian, and of course this would be a Horrible Hack, but (I believe) make_services is the culprit, and depending on what your installing, it wants to usually touch this file:

/root/GNUstep/Defaults/.GNUstepDefaults.lck

and often touch these:

/root/GNUstep/Library/Services/.GNUstepServices
/root/GNUstep/Library/Services/.GNUstepAppList

Hope that's a start for you.

__Armando Di Cianno