help-gnuzilla

Building IceCat on macos 10.15

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Building IceCat on macos 10.15
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 18:25:05 +0900

2 years ago I tried to build IceCat 52.3 on macos 10.13. I documented the
process on my blog:

https://mac4translators.blogspot.com/2017/10/icecat-on-high-sierra.html

which was later referenced on the libreplanet.org "IceCat/Compile and package"
page:

https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:IceCat/Compile_and_package

I wanted to try that again with macos 10.15 and found that the same
instructions resulted in an error because libstdc++ is now deprecated and it is
necessary to "pass '-stdlib=libc++' on the command line to use the libc++
standard library instead".

So, I checked old-configure to see where I could modify the behavior.

I found on line 5693 a *-darwin* target where

    CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS -stdlib=libc++"

is properly referenced. But seemingly that was not enough.

On line 1234 there is a *-apple-darwin* target and I added the above line right
below it. With that I could pass the first error, until ./config_data is
created and the configurations starts from within js/src.

But then again, I get the same error, but this time I'm not sure what to do
anymore since I've already referenced the library change once...

Am I missing something ?

Jean-Christophe Helary