Re: guix command line behavior upon network failure or package build fai

From: Csepp
Subject: Re: guix command line behavior upon network failure or package build failure
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 02:28:40 +0200

Might also make sense to keep retrying.  When downloading fails, proceed
to a derivation that needs to be built locally, and maybe when a local
build fails, try to see if the substitute server built it in the
meantime, and just download that.

On lower end machines with slow disks, having to re-run the derivation
computations is a pretty big problem, this would eliminate one cause of
it.