Re: to enable all profiles at login time

From: Gottfried
Subject: Re: to enable all profiles at login time
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 07:37:40 +0000

Hi,
thanks for helping me.

1.
I added:
"GUIX_EXTRA_PROFILES=/home/gfp/Projekte"
to my /.bash_profile

2.
I changed the sentence
"profile=$i/$(basename "$i")"
 to:
 "profile=$i"

3.
my /.bash_profile looks now, after changing like this:

# Honor per-interactive-shell startup file
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then . ~/.bashrc; fi

GUIX_EXTRA_PROFILES=/home/gfp/Projekte
for i in $GUIX_EXTRA_PROFILES/*; do
  profile=$i
  if [ -f "$profile"/etc/profile ]; then
    GUIX_PROFILE="$profile"
    . "$GUIX_PROFILE"/etc/profile
  fi
  unset profile
done

4.
my /.bashrc looks like this

# Bash initialization for interactive non-login shells and
# for remote shells (info "(bash) Bash Startup Files").

# Export 'SHELL' to child processes.  Programs such as 'screen'
# honor it and otherwise use /bin/sh.
export SHELL

if [[ $- != *i* ]]
then
    # We are being invoked from a non-interactive shell.  If this
    # is an SSH session (as in "ssh host command"), source
    # /etc/profile so we get PATH and other essential variables.
    [[ -n "$SSH_CLIENT" ]] && source /etc/profile

    # Don't do anything else.
    return
fi

# Source the system-wide file.
source /etc/bashrc

# Adjust the prompt depending on whether we're in 'guix environment'.
if [ -n "$GUIX_ENVIRONMENT" ]
then
    PS1='\u@\h \w [env]\$ '
else
    PS1='\u@\h \w\$ '
fi
alias ls='ls -p --color=auto'
alias ll='ls -l'
alias grep='grep --color=auto'

change the configuration of one's terminal emulator to start bash
   with `-l`

5.
Where do I have to add "-l" in /.bashrc?

Kind regards

Gottfried