Re: [Help-nano] Too many errors from stdin

From: Christian Burger
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Too many errors from stdin
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 14:58:02 +0100

Hey Benno,

in this message
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-nano/2017-09/msg00007.html
you provided a patch asking if it works, when you get the error message "Too many errors from stdin" during the start of nano. I encountered said error and wanted to follow up — though I did not report the problem in the first place.

In my case your patch does help. Nano (version 2.8.7 in Gentoo) starts again without any complaints. In my case the culprit causing the weird tty state was the `yarn` command from the package "sys-apps/yarn-1.3.2" (https://yarnpkg.com/). The program does not crash, but finishes just fine. Maybe it's also a bug on their side?

Executing `reset` in the terminal afterwards did not help to restore the terminal. `stty sane` did neither.

By the way, `vim` does run without a hitch in the terminal state where nano has difficulties. I am using "kde-apps/konsole-17.08.3" as a terminal emulator and "app-shells/bash-4.4_p12" as my shell.

I am not on the mailing list, so please CC me if you need more information from me.

Thanks and bye, Christian